Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Perfect Afternoon


There are many things that I can think of that make an ordinary afternoon become perfect: a spa day, shopping downtown, playing in the sand at the beach, and wine tasting.   A few weeks ago, I went wine tasting with one of my good friends and her family in Santa Ynez, which is about forty-five minutes outside of Santa Barbara.  It was a wonderful and memorable day.  It started off a little rough because upon our arrival to the train station we realized that it was not a train that would take us to our destination, but instead a bus.  We also learned that the buses for the day were all sold out.  Luckily we had a friend who had a free afternoon and was willing to drive us.  When we finally arrived we stopped by an adorable market in Los Olivos to buy Salami, crackers (imported from Spain), and a large assortment of cheeses.  We decided to eat at the Fess Parker winery under a beautiful tree on a picnic table.   We enjoyed a bottle of their wine with our leisurely lunch.  After eating we enjoyed driving through the countryside looking at the rolling hills and wildlife, and stopped at a winery to do some tasting along the way.  The day ended with shopping at a local boutique, where I found the most beautiful dresses, followed by a large and fresh meal at a local restaurant.  I highly recommend an afternoon like this to anyone who loves wine, relaxing afternoons, and spending time with friends.


I love the pink flowers that they put at the end of each of the rows of grapes.  


My friend Kimmie and I before lunch.  I decided on wearing a yellow vintage sundress that my Grandma used to wear with my gold skinny belt and gold gladiator sandals.  


I thought that this sign was adorable! My family has a sign similar to this in our backyard pointing to some of our favorite places. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment