Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Penthouse


So, I wanted to let all of you know about my luck this past weekend.  My mom, sister, and I ran the half marathon in San Francisco on Sunday, and as a treat my mom booked us a room at the Mark Hopkins Hotel for the night before the race.  It is an incredible hotel in one of the most beautiful areas in the city. We had originally booked a normal room but after learning that there was only one small bed in the room that we were supposed to be in we upgraded ourselves to one of the smaller suites.  We were only in the room for only a few minutes before we got a call from the front desk telling us that we needed to change rooms again.  Very promptly after that call we heard a knock at the door and we were handed new keys that said room 1801.  When we arrived at the room we saw that it was the PENTHOUSE! It was definitely one of the highlights of the weekend, none of us had ever been able to stay in a hotel room like that before! I had only seen rooms that amazing on TV…all my sister and I could think of was “Gossip Girl”.  Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy!! 



{ Beautiful! }


{ Perfectly Elegant }


{ The Living Room }


{ I just LOVE bookcases with old books. }


{ Sitting at the dining room table }


{ The Master bedroom }




{ Working on something very important in the office, or looking at the room service menu...}


{ The view from one of the three massive windows overlooking the city. }


{ These apartments are right across the street from the hotel.  They are so fabulous I would love to live in one of these for a few years!! }


{ Nob Hill Cafe is a great little Italian place where we had our pre-race dinner. }


{ Grace Cathedral is stunning, it reminds me of the beautiful cathedrals in Europe. }


{ My mom, sister, and I ready for the race! This was taken around 5am! Super early morning!! }

No comments:

Post a Comment