Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies for Halloween

Halloween is rapidly approaching and time seems to be flying by, so last week I decided to slow down the pace a little and bake some pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal cookies to savor the flavor of the season.  I found this recipe online and the cookies turned out fluffy, delicious, and in my opinion taste much better than candy!  


Ingredients: 
-1 cup butter, softened
-3/4 cup sugar
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1 egg
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 cup quick cooking oats
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 cup canned pumpkin
-1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

*I added a little extra oats, cinnamon, and chocolate chips! After all can't ever have enough chocolate! 

Directions: 
  • In a bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
{ Recipe found from Taste of Home }

2 comments:

  1. yum! i make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies all the time, but never with oats! do you recommend?
    i love your cute cute blog and we are your newest followers! XO chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I checked out your blog you both are adorable and I had a great time reading through posts! I loved it with the oats, I definitely recommend giving it a try! I will try to post more recipes for this holiday season!!

      Delete